Saturday, December 4, 2010

Bring Our War Dollars Home planning meeting, and BIW Vigil

Hey everyone.
Here's another update on the shennanigans that I've been up too.

I got an email from my friend Bruce Gagnon when I got back to school from Thanksgiving break, inviting me to go down with my friend Alex to be on his local access tv show called the issue.  We talked for half an hour about our feelings on the walk, on our generation, and what is next for us in terms of activism, mainly working on the BOW$H resolution for the town of Farmington.  It was an amazing experience, and watch for the link on here, and on my Facebook page soon.

Today, we went to the vigil at BIW, urging them to convert to creating items to help us move towards a sustainable future.  It was an interesting experience, its seems as though the men and women driving by were pretty evenly split between being pissed off at us, and supporting us.

We then moved to the Addams-Mellman house, and talked about what was next in terms of the BOW$H campaign.

Some of the highlights that we talked about were
Tom's ideas about doing something at the Blue Angels Air Show in August, raising awareness about military show business and how the taxpayers pay for all of this, and how completely unsustainable they are.  There were some great ideas, including us dressing up at the "Green Angels" but this is definitely an event that I am looking forward to participating in.   

We are also going to be doing something on Tax Day, which I have been charged with creating an awesome handout to give to people, probably at the post offices around the state.  So I will be majorly letting my creative juices flow when I get home for Christmas break. 

Alex and I also got a great deal of input on how to pass the resolution in Farmington.  We were told to stand at the dump and outside the post office and have our petition and handouts to give to people.  And they told us to get to know the politicians before we go into the meeting, so that they know us and they will be less likely to steamroll over us.

Right now, I am completely exhausted, and I realize that I probably forgot some awesome stuff we talked about, so I'm going to end up editing this again tomorrow while I procrastinate on some homework. 

So until tomorrow
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment