Sunday, March 4, 2012

Hello Everyone.
I know it has been an insanely long time since I have last updated this thing, so I thought I would give a brief overview of my life in the past few months.

Right after the Blue Angels Protest last summer, I flew off for a semester abroad in Rome, which meant that I was absent from the activism scene in Maine for a few months.  Although I followed the Occupy Movement from abroad, it was not the same, and I felt a strong sense of guilt that I was not out there in the streets with my fellow 99 percenters.

Upon my return to Maine, I began my work with Veterans for Peace, and at the annual retreat this February at Point Lookout, I decided to head up the Education Committee that was formed with Rita Clement, where we are working on getting back into the local high schools and middle schools to create an atmosphere of full disclosure around the idea of joining the armed forces.

I also was invited by the fantastic Lisa Savage to speak at the event "Marching Against Fiscal Maddness: Fund Human Needs" which is a press conference that is going to be held in the Hall of Flags in the Maine State House on March 20th.  This event is sponsored  by the Maine Bring Our War Dollars Home Coalition, and Occupy Maine, two organizations that I have a deep love for.  I am looking forward to this event, and I look forward to speaking out against this insanity that is military spending, and the impacts that it is having on higher education.

I promise to be more faithful about updating this thing.  And I mean it this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment