Sunday, October 31, 2010

Restoring Sanity

Yesterday, I attended The Rally to Restore Sanity/The March to Keep Fear Alive. Although it gave me faith in my generation with all of the people who gathered there, but I was upset that the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan were not mentioned at all.

I feel like this is one of the most pressing issues facing our nation at this time, and people need to be aware of what is going on over there.  There were 215,000 people there, and not one sign that I saw mentioned ending the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq and bringing our troops home. Something I think is very sane to do.

 When I checked my email this evening, I had an email forwarded to me from Jacqui Deveanau, a member of Peace Action Maine.  It was written by a founder of Code Pink, Madea Benjamin.  She said that the people who were there were slackervists, something that I was deeply offended by.  I am a very passionate activist, but I do  think that sanity needs to be restored to our government.  Apparently that does not make me a legitimate activist? I think there is something deeply wrong with her theory.  I think that sanity is something that we need in Washington if we want to stop the war spending, bring our troops home, and end these terrible wars.  There needs to be sanity in our country before any of those things are going to happen.  Yes, I may do some crazy things for Peace, but that does not mean that I do not want Sanity within my government, and I would think that a founder of such a major peace movement would want the same thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment